Situated on 2,500 ha in Swartwater, Limpopo
Doornrand Safaris consists of 2 farms. One farm is 1300ha where the lodge is situated. The other farm is 14km away and is 1200ha - this is where Kudu Cows are hunted.
No hunting from vehicles. Only walk and stalk hunting and hunting from hides allowed. We can comfortable accommodate 4-5 hunters at a time.
Doornrand Safaris is equipped for rifle hunting and bow hunting.
- The lodge can accommodate 12 persons.
- The lodge has 6 bedrooms of which 3 have en-suite bathrooms with a shower and toilet. There is one separate bathroom with a bath, shower and toilet and one separate toilet.
- Two bedrooms have double beds and 4 bedrooms each with two single beds.
- There is a lapa with a pizza oven and a swimming pool.
- The kitchen is fully equipped for self-catering. Catering can be arranged on request.
- Bedding and towels are provided.
- Rates: Hunters R500.00 per hunter per day / Non-hunters: R300.00 per non-hunter per day
- Payment of accommodation serves as deposit.
- Use of swimming pool and lapa
- Hunting guides
- Slaughtering of animals
- Hunting vehicle for drop off and collection of hunted animals
Prices include VAT
Stop #5 of the Limpopo road-trip was Doornrand Hunting Safaris near Swartwater, run by Danie and Louise Krige. As their logo suggests, a beautiful baobab tree welcomes guests to the farm. A friendly white blesbok was also curious as we drove in and greeted us on the way out.
It was evident from the sheer amount of animals running around and their lack of fear, that not a lot of hunting was seen during 2020. This bodes well for the 2021 hunting season. The field was lush after the wonderful rains. We took a break atop a viewing deck in the centre of the 2,500ha farm to look at a herd of impala grazing not too far off. The viewing deck doubles as a sundowner venue where you can light a fire and enjoy a drink.
The lodge was beautiful and well kept and one would not be blamed for thinking you were in a house in Silver Lakes. Each room has airconditioning and an en-suite bathroom. There is a huge lawn for kids to run around, as well as a swimming pool and a boma. One would stay in peace and luxury here.
We thought there was a mistake when we saw the price list... R500 per hunter per night and R300 per non-hunter per night seemed standard, until you hear that VAT is included in all the prices, and that there are no other costs one would usually expect like hunting vehicles, guides, professional hunters, skinning or cooling. Everything is included in the rate.
Doornrand is open for local and international hunters and as such charge a premium for the male and trophy animals. If you're hunting for meat and don't mind hunting the females, then you will find their game prices just as pleasing as the day rates.
Doornrand is a beautiful farm. We look forward to hunting here in the near future. Doornrand is a NextHunt Verified and Recommended Hunting Destination.
January 2021Facilities include Catering available, Cleaners available, Cooling facilities, Corporate Hunts, DSTV / Satellite TV, EFT / Card payment facility, Electricity, Family friendly, Farm usually responds within 48 hours, Game drives, Hunting DVD upon request, Hunting vehicle, Self-catering, Shooting range 100m+, Slaughter facilities, Swimming pool, VAT included, We understand Afrikaans and We understand English
2 - 12 guests can be accommodated.
Not yet rated by our users.