Situated on 1,200 ha in Thabazimbi, Limpopo
Experience a true South African bushveld hunt at Matla Phofu Game Farm under the experienced guidance of Kallie Venter.
Accommodation is R400/night (hunters and non-hunters)
Non hunting children under 15 years stay free. Full accommodation rate of R400.00 pppn is payable for children who hunt.
Day rate of R75 per non-hunter when accompanying hunters in the field/vehicles.
Day rate of R175 per hunter per day includes hunting vehicle, skinning and slaughtering, cold room, guide and fire wood.
All prices exclude VAT at 15%.
Minimum of 3 nights and 6 hunters.
Hunting Price list
- Blue Wildebeest (Male <21)" R4200.00
- Blue Wildebeest (Female) R3900.00
- Blue Wildebeest (Trophy 21 - 23") R4500.00 / (Trophy 23 - 27") R5000.00 / (Trophy 27") R6000.00
- Bushbuck (Male) R5000.00
- Bushbuck (Female) R2500.00
- Eland (Male <16") R7000.00
- Eland (Female) R8500.00
- Eland (Trophy 16 - 23") R9000.00 / (Trophy 23 - 30") R11000.00 / (Trophy >30") R15000.00
- Impala (Male <21") R1800.00
- Impala (Female) R1500.00
- Impala (Trophy 21 - 22") R2500.00 / (Trophy 22 - 24") R3500.00 / (Trophy 24 - 25") R6000.00
- Kudu (Male <40") R5000.00
- Kudu (Female) R3750.00
- Kudu (Trophy 40 - 43") R7500.00 / (Trophy 43 - 48") R10000.00 / (Trophy 48 - 53") R12500.00 / (Trophy >53") R15000.00
- Waterbuck (Male <28") R5000.00
- Waterbuck (Female) R3500.00
- Waterbuck (Trophy 28 - 30") R6000.00 / (Trophy >30") R7500.00
- Warthog (Male <7") R800.00
- Warthog (Female) R700.00
- Warthog (Trophy >7") R900.00 / (Trophy >9") R950.00 / (Trophy >11") R1050.00
- Zebra (Burchell's)(Male & Female) R4000.00
- Nyala (Trophy 21 - 25") R6500.00 / (Trophy 25 - 27") R8000.00 / (Trophy >27") R12500.00
- 3 rooms with double beds
- 1 room with double
- 1 room with double + 3/4 beds
- 3 rooms with 2 x 3/4 beds
The NextHunt team visited Matla Phofu Game Farm and can attest to the farm's beauty and charm.
Kallie and Melinda Venter have been living at Matla Phofu for 17 years and have turned this farm, on the banks of the Matlabas river, into something special.
Located mid-way between Lephalale (Ellisras) and Thabazimbi, some 280km from Pretoria, this 1200ha game farm is so much more than just a place to shoot for the pot. With its big lawn, swimming pool (heated and regular), kitchen and elegant rooms, families and corporate groups are also welcome. Its beautiful bar, jacuzzi and fire pit is a great place to wind down after a successful day's walk and stalk or hunting from one of the many blinds.
Don't be fooled; just because there is plentiful game, do not expect an easy hunt as you will have to work for your quarry by navigating through the trees and sand and try to outsmart the vigilant animals. Impala, Blue wildebeest and Monkeys are everywhere, but you will also find your Eland and Kudu if you look very closely.
The bow hunters have a few hides to choose from, among others a 2- and 3-story elevated blind.
Non-hunters can bring their fish and tackle and set up next to the dam or read their favourite book back at the lodge.
Matla Phofu has without a doubt been one of the nicest farms we have been to and can assure anyone planning to book their next hunt, that they won't be disappointed. Matla Phofu is a NextHunt recommended farm.
Hello Kallie en Melinda,
Baie dankie vir die voorreg dat ons as familie groep daar kon kom jag.
Dankie vir die manier hoe julle almal se slaap plek gereel het, tenspyte van die fyt dat ons getalle meer was as wat julle adverteer.
Almal het die jag baie geniet, en dit was lekker om die manne weer te laat werk vir hulle diere. ‘n Regte bosveld jag, soos dit moet wees!
Die klompie wat wou kla oor die stap, sand of moeilik jag, het beslis vergeet waaroor jag gaan! (te gewoond geraak aan bakkie skiet!!)
Ek hoop julle sluit nou amper die seisoen af en rus voor volgende jaar se jag!
Hoop dit reen ook vroeer as later by julle!
Augustus 2018Facilities include Backup power generator, Bar, Cleaners available, Concession to hunt year round, Cooling facilities, Corporate Hunts, Drinkable water, Electricity, En-suite bathrooms, Eskom power, Family friendly, Farm usually responds within 24 hours, Fishing, Game drives, Hunting DVD upon request, Hunting vehicle, Jacuzzi, Macnab-able, Malaria-free (Non-Malaria Area), MTN reception only, Salt room, Self-catering, Shooting range 100m+, Shooting range 200m+, Slaughter facilities, Solar electricity, Swimming pool, Taxidermy services available, VAT registered, We understand Afrikaans and We understand English
6 - 18 guests can be accommodated.
Not yet rated by our users.